India is full of opportunities when it comes to a career field like engineering and therefore most of students with science subjects choose engineering as their career. The first and foremost step to enter into the engineering world is to clear the engineering entrance exams that facilitate admissions in some of the best colleges that offer engineering courses. These competitive exams are held every year and lakhs of students appear in these exams to get admission in the colleges of their choice. This makes these entrance exams even tougher to crack as numerous students give exam for some limited seats in engineering colleges all over India.
List of engineering entrance exams:
- JEE Main (Joint Entrance Exam Main)
- JEE Advanced ( Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam)
- AIEEE (All India Engineering Architecture Entrance Exam)
- BITSAT ( Birla Institute of Technology and Science admission Test)
- ENAT (EPSI National Admission Test)
- VITEEE ( Vellore institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam)
- NAT ( National Aptitude Test)
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering)
- PACET (Planning and Architecture Common Entrance Exam)
- ATIT ( Admission Test for ICFAI Science and Technology)
- ISAT (IIST Admission Test)
- NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture)
- COMEDK ( Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka)
- KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Exam)
- WAT (Written Admission Test)
All the exams listed above are very important to get admission in some of the globally acclaimed colleges of India. But JEE remains the most difficult and most attempted engineering exam by India students.
Why JEE is important to crack?
Joint Entrance Exam abbreviated as JEE is very important engineering exam for the following reasons:
- JEE entrance exam gives students to be a part of renowned engineering colleges across India.
- JEE is divided into two parts JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. IITs and ISM provide admissions on the basis of JEE Advanced while NIITs, IITs and other government colleges prefer JEE Mains results.
- JEE Mains and JEE advanced both have same syllabus that consist of core subjects like Math, Physics and chemistry but the question paper pattern and difficulty level of the papers is different.
- Anyone who clears these exams with good ranking can easily get admission in any IIT of their choice.
- Different states hold different exams for admission in engineering college. For instance WBJEE is exclusively conducted for admissions in engineering colleges in the state of West Bengal.
- WBJEE has simple exam procedure where the candidates need to fill the form timely and shall receive WBJEE admit card to appear in the exam. Students get the result by downloading WBJEE rank card that is only available online and is not posted or curried to student’s home.
- Similarly engineering colleges like Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai holds VITEEE (VIT Engineering Entrance Exam) on the basis of which admission to students are given. VIT offers VIT slot booking option where you can choose the test schedule. Students can give online exam by first filling the slot booking form before the deadline and choose between the set of dates given by the university. This makes it easier for the students to give exam according to their convenience. The slot booking is based on first come first serve.
Students must keep a track of all the important dates and shall also keep track of any important changes made by the host examination authorities.
Tips to prepare for JEE
JEE is a tough exam as numerous of students fight for some limited seats available in the engineering colleges. Effective and timely preparation can help you get a rewarding JEE mains results. Here are few tips you must follow in order to get admission in the college of your choice:
- Prepare a study plane: Start with fixed hours of studies, decide different topics to be covered each day, fix dates of self test once in a week and so on, Small efforts through the year will keep you focused and will let you achieve your goal of cracking the exam.
- Coaching classes: You may choose to join some renowned coaching classes for competitive exams like Akash Institute, Resonance etc. to help you prepare for the entrance exam.
- Study Material: Refer to previous years question papers, mock test papers, books available for IIT- JEE preparation etc. to be thorough with the syllabus before appearing in the entrance exam.